Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why, why, why?!?

Why have I been feeding my family store-bought hamburger buns when I know how easy and tasty home baked ones can be?
I had a surplus of "high quality" buns in the freezer - a local restaurant supply store sells them laughably cheap so I haven't baked any for months. The stash ran out and I wanted to finally give the new bun pan a try. So this morning I baked up King Arthur Flour's Poultry Burger Buns (The Baking Sheet, Summer 2010, p. 17.) In the past I have substituted the poultry seasoning for various other spices with great success. Today I chose Penzey's Bavarian Seasoning to match the Meatless Ruebens on tonight's menu. I wish blogs had smelling features because my kitchen has a wonderful scent right now. I will return to making our family's rolls.
Thank you, Grammy and Grampy for the bun pan!

2 comments: