Monday, April 9, 2012

All in a day's work-

Ah, Easter Monday! Time for a clergy family to relax.
This year we took the day off of school and headed to the big city. I was able to pick up the last of the supplies I needed to make two very different homemade recipes.

The first is Chai Tea Concentrate. We love chai tea "lattes" but not the high prices or milk found in most store bought mixes. Mark spied the following recipe a few months ago. It was very easy to make and made the kitchen smell wonderful:
http://yourlife.usatoday.com/fitness-food/recipes/recipe/2012/01/chai-tea-concentrate/610942/1
We'll let you know what we think of it after breakfast tomorrow.

My other recipe is for homemade powdered laundry detergent. I had seen recipes for liquid ones but I have always preferred powder. Pinterest came to the rescue with the following recipe. I've done two loads and love the stuff. (It cost me $25 for the ingredients. And I will let you know how long it lasts in the Laundry Capital of America.)
http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment