Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just realized -

That I would never make it as pioneer woman for the 3,492nd reason.* With the delays, the train trip home took us 41 hours. That doesn't count the car service ride to Akron from Cleveland's Amtrak station OR the two hour car ride to Zanesville. We had a joyous reunion at home and then a yummy salad lunch. Then I crashed and napped for two hours. How pioneer whimpy is that?!? I bet it would have taken more than 41 DAYS to get from Cleveland to Albuquerque?!?! But, I LOVED our train trip and would definitely do it again! Pioneer women did NOT get served extra meals and get deluxe sleeping berths when they had delays!
(*As I've read more of pioneer life as an adult, I've come to realize I would have been dead early on. I'm such a klutz that "hearth death" surely would have gotten me. Our midwife also "assured" me that I would have died in childbirth had it not been for modern medicine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment